The power source could have disconnected at the outlet, the adaptor or the computer. If you think the problem you’re experiencing is software-specific, gather up the original installation disc https://www.wikipedia.org/ or download the program again, and then reinstall it. No doubt scanning for a virus infection was the first thing that came to mind if a virus or other malicious program made itself obvious.
- Now you want to make sure the printer and computer are communicating correctly.
- He’s written about technology for over a decade and was a PCWorld columnist for two years.
- However, some of them will definitely require you to pay a visit to the computer repair shop.
- Make sure all power cables on your computer are connected and set to the correct voltage.
- Hopefully, disabling a number of these apps will make a noticeable difference to the time it takes for Windows 10 to load.
Sometimes your … Read More
Microsoft has different Windows versions and releases updates frequently. This may lead to incompatibility and some programs may stop working after upgrade. https://www.wikipedia.org/ For example, programs running on a 32-bit system can work on 64-bit system. However, programs running on a 64-bit system will not work on a 32-bit system.
- It’s good to at least know what is wrong with your PC so you can take the measures accordingly.
- Your computer randomly restarts or shuts down on you while you’re using it.
- However, they usually fail when the problems related to the File Explorer or files happen.
- Don’t worry about app compatibility, overworking fan problem only happens with motherboards that can control the fans.
- If this is the case, the error message should explain which program is causing the issue.
Yes, it’s perfectly fine to run your portable computer without the battery installed. A loose or unplugged power cable is … Read More
You don’t have to run to the repair shop every time your PC ends up with an issue. Many of the common PC problems have a rather simple solution, and you can fix https://www.pieforthepeople.net/ them yourself with a few simple steps. In general, you have to update the program to the latest version so that it is compatible with your Windows version.
- It may be time to invest in a computer that can handle the exchange of data that you are transferring on a daily basis.
- The following few causes to consider aren’t nearly as common.
- Some viruses can cause a Blue Screen of Death, especially ones that infect the master boot record or boot sector.
- As a result, slow or inconsistent WiFi means much of what you’re running can be backed up.
Therefore, applications expecting a 32-bit time_t and applications using anything different from time_t to store time values … Read More
Hard drives often make noise just before they fail, so you may want to back up information just in case, and fans are very easy to replace. When you computer freezes, you may have no other option than to reboot and risk losing any unsaved work. Freezes can be a sign of insufficient ram, registry conflicts, corrupt or missing files, or spyware. Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off, then restart it and get to work cleaning up the system so that it doesn’t freeze again.
… Read More
- You can also free up hard drive space by uninstalling any programs that you no longer use.
- Next, you check to make sure the printer’s ink cartridge still has ink and that there is paper loaded in the paper tray.
- While you’re there, make sure you have the latest updates installed.
- There is the chance that your PC isn’t receiving
If the monitor goes black after few seconds of display, then it could be a problem with the color quality or screen adjustment. Press the auto-adjust button on your monitor to see if it fixes it. If not, then you will have to change display color from 32bit to 16 bit. If you find any, right-click on it and select Update Driver Software to update its driver. BlueScreenView is a great Nirsoft utility that will show important information if you have recently suffered a Blue Screen of Death. You should be able to identify and solve the problem using this information.
In the search box in the Taskbar type in “uninstall”, then click on ‘Add or remove programs’. Scroll down the list of programs that is displayed and click on any that you no longer need. Through uninstalling and reinstalling programs, running repair programs, or updating your software and apps, … Read More
Things look good in both cases, so you know the issue has nothing to do with ink or paper. In these instances, it is great to have an anti-virus program because it will immediately isolate any virus and malware then remove it. If you believe your computer is infected you will need professional assistance cleaning your system. Sometimes your computer will make sounds if a disc drive is stuck. If you no longer listen to it, watch it, or need it…delete it.
Adjust the BIOS settings to run the fans correctly and not run your CPU faster than it can handle. One or more of your computer’s cooling fans are broken or working sub-optimally. https://www.wikipedia.org/ Make sure you have installed all recommended update packages for your operating system. Make sure each switch leading to your computer’s power supply is on.
Basic Computer Troubleshooting
Many of the above hardware problems can … Read More
If you are having troubles booting Windows, then you may have to reinstall it with the Windows recovery disk. Here are some of the tools and services to help your business grow. You can click on the question mark icon next to each problem to learn more about them and possibly how the tool will fix the problem. When you are ready to fix a problem, click on Fix, and it will be immediately be fixed. Some of these fixes might require you to confirm prompts, but usually, it’s just one prompt.
… Read More
- Reinstalling a program means to uninstall it, and then install it again from scratch.
- If the monitor isn’t powering on at all, then replace the power cable with a working one and see if it helps.
- This was done primarily for the sake of embedded Linux systems.
- Her expertise includes social media, web development, and graphic design.
In this article, we will explain some common computer problems you face with possible solutions. Check for any error messages or beep patterns as your computer boots up. On the other hand, you can also opt for 3rd party programs like AVG antivirus or Trend. Make sure there is paper in the tray, check the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to Wi-Fi. As mentioned, the motherboard is usually the main reason why the fan stops spinning.
For difficult problems, a more drastic solution may be required, like reformatting your hard drive or reinstalling your operating system. If you think you might need a solution like this, we recommend consulting a professional first. If you’re not a computer expert, it’s possible that attempting these solutions https://www.pieforthepeople.net/ could make the situation worse. If you still haven’t found a solution to … Read More